Thursday, April 01, 2010

Happy 5th Anniversary SCP


Although I was away on April 1st vacationing, SCP (for whatever reason) wasn't far from my mind. I love this site for so many reasons that I won't take the time to elaborate on them or I would bore you, but all you have to do is read the past five years of posts to see how writing here has transformed me.

I would say it's been for the better but I am sure some will disagree. And that's been one of the largest transformations... I just don't care (as much as I used to) what others think. Blogging, writing and sharing openly your thoughts and ideas can translate into thickening your skin.

This site has also transformed over the past five years. At one point it was a daily place where many joined to debate, laugh and bug each other. Now, a lot of what I write and share on a regular weekly basis can be found on our Facebook Fan Page. But I will continue to blog and post here from time to time. Facebook isn't conducive to "blogging" in my opinion. Also, this site has some historical value in my opinion and people still find it and comment on posts long since gone from my memory.

But this site will change in the near future. I will be moving to a new look and feel. I am not sure how this will effect the old posts but they will always be available in some form and fashion. It's time for an upgrade on this old house. I am suspecting that my writing will change as well but that will remain to be seen and you can be the judge of that.

In walking around London on my recent vacation, I saw this on the sidewalk embedded in front of a store. BE STUPID is an ad campaign for a clothing company, but I thought we could borrow it. Thanks for a great five years to all of my friends (new and old) here on SCP. Looking forward to the future.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home