Monday, April 06, 2009

MS WALK | Walking for Genny

I am going to appeal to you, my friends here at SCP and ask you to support me as I participate in the MS WALK in LA on April 19. I am walking for my good friend and co-worker Genny who was diagnosed with MS about 1 year ago. She's a young, artistic and positive girl who's life was forever changed with her diagnosis. Here's her story:

I was diagnosed with MS exactly a year ago. I remember those first few months... I will never forget them, nor would I want to. My body and my abilities to do things we would consider normal changed everyday. I woke up every morning wondering what was next. There was a period of time when I couldn't walk straight, or keep my balance. A lot has changed since then, I still wake up everyday unsure of what might come my way, but I embrace every moment and every breath.

I am proud to be who I am, a young adult living with MS. The NMSS helped me on my way to understanding my disease and I want to do what I can to prevent more people from learning what it means to live with this disease.

Genny is still very active, but I know everyday is a struggle. I ask her often how she is doing and she is honest about how difficult it can be and how uncertain she feels about her future, but I have never seen her down and rarely without a smile on her face. Genny is one of my heroes and I admire her for her inner strength that I can only hope to have in the face of such a daily struggle.

I know times are tough and finances are tight but I hope you will join with me and support me as I walk on April 19. It would mean a great deal to me if you were able to participate and support the cause. Any dollar amount you can contribute would mean a great deal to me and I know to Genny. My goal is $500 total and I will be putting in $50 myself to get things going, so I hope you can assist me in reaching my goal.

If you would like to give, please click this link to go to my page.

My 14 year old son and I will be walking together in this event. He is raising money for his Uncle Stan who also has MS. This disease touches so many lives, so please support us if you can. We are very humbled and excited to be a part of this. Thank you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ninjanun said...

The best thing you can do with your money when times are tough is to give some to a worthy cause. It's truly a way to invest in what's best about this country and our world.

4/06/2009 8:40 PM  
Blogger lowendaction said...

Awesome cause Steve!

I too knew someone who suffered with MS. Probably one of the scariest things I've ever seen!

Thanks for doing this. It's so awesome to see this community in action. Not that the bitching and moaning isn't fun and all *wink* but you always manage to keep it real!

goodonyamate

4/07/2009 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home