Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Get Shoes Give Shoes



Each year SCP tries to get behind a cause to assist an organization or group meet the real needs of people. TOM's Shoes is such an organization. Sure, they want to sell you their shoes, but for each pair you purchase they send a pair of shoes to children in need.

Even though this company's founder was affiliated recently with a promotion by Ed Young, I'll overlook it... this time!! I just get a sense from the surface of what I've seen that his heart is in the right place. I still think the idea and principles surrounding what they are trying to do is a pretty worthwhile cause.

I bought a pair of the shoes and the whole process was really easy. Their viral marketing approach is one of the best I have ever seen. The shoes came in a couple of days and after breaking them in for about an hour (initially they were a little tight) they fit perfect (as promised). And the more I wear them, the more I like them.

I hope you will check it out and make a purchase. Helping those less fortunate this Christmas while getting a very good product for yourself or loved one has never been easier.

6 Comments:

Blogger bporter62 said...

I'm there, Steve. Makes a ton of sense.

12/11/2008 6:19 AM  
Blogger lowendaction said...

good stuff...though I will never look half as cool as the male models depicted on their site, I'm getting me some...shoes that is.

BTW, juss wanted to share that the wife and I are expecting our first wee one any day now. Her name is Ahva Johanna. Pretty darn excited!!

good times.

12/11/2008 7:57 AM  
Blogger Zeke said...

Awesome, lowend. Truly.

12/11/2008 8:49 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Congrats Lowend and wife.

12/11/2008 11:02 PM  
Blogger shelly said...

Niiiice! :D

And yay for Lowend and the missus. :D

12/12/2008 6:53 PM  
Blogger SocietyVs said...

Congrats Low-one and wife - nice name too.

I wish I knew about this a bit earlier - I very well might have purchased a pair of shoes for my wife or something (I like to help people somewhat). Instead I bought her boots from some show warehouse - my fault for not checking this out sooner.

12/19/2008 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home