Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Feed 'Em Dummy UPDATE

Below is a repeat of a post I did a few weeks ago. I wanted to give you an update and let you know what was happening.

First, thanks to everyone from SCP that has donated...but here's something cool! There has been a donor that has promised to match whatever funds we give to this project so that means for every dollar you give it is doubled. I want to challenge everyone to donate whatever money you can. This is really helping some less fortunate people have some of their needs met. I have already pitched in, but I am planning on pitching in a few more bucks since I know that it will double. Hope you will join me if you are able... either way spread the word. Thanks.


----------------------

While in Florida attending the Church of the Ping (see previous post), I was introduced to Jay (pictured to the right) who has a remarkable story and inspirational challenge for all of us.

Here's the quick scoop of what Jay is about. He lives among a community of disabled people who are on tight fixed incomes and are struggling to make ends meet. Jay is trying to meet this need that is growing every week as he makes himself available and feeds those around him.

So after hearing Jay's story, I wanted the SCP Nation to be involved, so I told Jay yesterday that we were committed to spreading the word about his ministry.

I want to challenge everybody to take a moment and listen to Jay's story on the Etcetera podcast, and then get involved by visiting his website called Heaven's Grocer. There you can click the "Make a Donation" link and give as you feel led.

Let's make a strong showing and support someone who is reaching people in a real and effective way!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Here's where the rubber meets the road, Steve. Good stuff.

4/19/2007 6:40 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Thanks for bringing this to our awareness, Steve.

I'll add a link to it from my blog too. Perhaps others will follow and get the word out.

4/19/2007 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home