Thursday, February 08, 2007

The PDL Gods Speak

With the forced upgrade to the "new" Blogger, the SCP website dropped into the pooper. So much for the beta testing!

Yes, it seems that all the turmoil created surrounding the Purpose Driven Life came back to bite yours truly in the ass. The PDL God's have spoken. Rick Warren has a lot more clout than I thought.

Seriously, I am not sure what happened but my site just fell apart, links broke and I just couldn't fix it. Yeah, I know, I work with computers now, I should be able to do it. But my limited knowledge of web page creation just isn't cutting it.

So I just took a basic template and have modified it somewhat to work for now. Maybe after the move to my new house is complete and I have gotten fully settled I will try to tweak with it. But then again, it's just a blog...

For this second, Josh's blog looks like the old SCP and my blog... well... what can I say...it's black!

UPDATE: Josh has now been moved to the SCP Black Pages as has been the Podcast Page.

7 Comments:

Blogger FlipTheComposer said...

Rick Warren is everywhere! you can't escape!

2/08/2007 10:22 PM  
Blogger Zecryphon said...

Steve,

why are you apologizing for the new look of the blog? I like it! You're back in black dude. Stream in some AC/DC and you're ready to rock! You're right, it's just a blog. Stop obsessing! LOL

2/09/2007 6:32 AM  
Blogger Bruce_Almighty said...

Embrace the black!

2/09/2007 7:29 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Yeah... once I started tweaking I couldn't rest until I got it fixed. Now we are all on black pages. It's not that big of a deal to be on all black with no red... but maybe the old SCP look was getting a little tired anyway.

2/09/2007 9:30 AM  
Blogger Christopher Warren said...

For the technical side of your nerdom.

I had to switch my template to the "old school" version, I couldn't hack the widgets fast enough to figure them out.

Now I understand a bit better, but I still can't get them all to do what I want.

Good luck.

2/09/2007 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lord giveth. Rick Warren taketh away...

2/09/2007 7:41 PM  
Blogger shelly said...

Yet another reason for me to say...

Wordpress FTW!

2/09/2007 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home