Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Desperately Seeking Something

Josh and I, inspired by the guys over at the Starving Jesus experience, will be taking some time starting now and throughout this weekend to focus our minds, bodies, souls and spirits on things outside of ourselves. Over the next few days we are not sure what will happen, exactly what we are looking for or expecting... but we know that we both need something fresh to occur in our lives.... something that can't occur unless we take some time away and seek it.

There's a saying that goes, "If you keep doing what you are doing, you'll keep getting what you are getting."

I have told Josh that I am tired of doing and getting the same things in my life. He has expressed the same thing to me.

If we feel anything worthwhile comes out of our experience, we will let you know. If nothing happens, we will probably let you know that too.

Personally, this is something I need to do for me... irregardless if anyone else finds what I discover meaningful. I am just sharing it here because, well, that is what I do.

If you are the type of person that prays, we don't mind if you throw one our direction (whether it makes any difference, I don't know - but what the heck, right?). If you want to know more about some of the things that caused me to bring this whole concept up for Josh and I, go to the Starving Jesus website and read what Craig and JR are trying to accomplish.

I have shut down the comments, because I don't need or want them right now. Have a good weekend everyone.