Friday, June 16, 2006

If Not Here Then Where?

The life cycle of a blog is such a dynamic process.

At times you tend to your blog and focus on it, spending lots of time writing and gathering feedback and thinking critically how to expand on your particular ideas and thought processes. And other times you don't. For example....

Over the last few weeks I have been out and about on other blogs. From time to time I get into what other people are writing and try to sharpen my mind and pen by interacting with others over on the sites I frequent.

Lately there has been some good stuff going on, and I have enjoyed visiting and interacting on my friends sites... so I thought I would give them a plug and thank them publicly for allowing me to squat and vent and occasionally hijack their blog homes.

  • Demerging

  • Is he online? Is he offline? Here today and gone tomorrow. This is the Russian Roulette of blogs. Check it out daily because it's always changing.

  • Edge of Faith

  • This blog started with EddieO and now has an additional contributor in EddieF. These are two guys with great hearts that will rip your heart out.... literally. They often say what I think but will never say. That makes me love them and hate them at the same time. Beware... before you visit this blog you better be ready to bring your "A" game. And just a word of advice for what its worth. Keep it short and sweet... that way you might not say something stupid. About a week ago there was a big surprise revealed on this blog, so if you haven't been by there, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

  • Etcetera

  • I don't go here so much for the blog but for the podcast. These guys (and one girl) have an entertaining show you should check out. I love the show... especially the parts where I call in and talk... those are my favorite moments. But you can also check out the blog and read some great perspectives... when they want to they can write some very good stuff that'll make you think. But check out the last podcast, especially the last fifteen minutes... that part has me in it and it is pretty funny. No ego here huh??

  • Head-First

  • Dorsey went and visited a gay pride festival last week. Pretty soon he may even write about the experience. Anyways, recently there was a great post about it and some interesting dialogue about his plans and what everyone else thought. I loved the interaction. Dorsey is on a great part of his journey right now.... check it out will ya!

  • Josh's Blog

  • My partner in crime. I love his raw honesty. And lately he has been getting some fun responses that make this blog worth doing... I have enjoyed taking on legitimate bonafide SCP on his blog. Check out some of his recent posts and the comments... you will see what I mean.

    Of course there are a few others:

  • Bad Christian

  • NinjaNun

  • One For Truth

  • Steeples and People


  • I stop by these sites almost every single day. They haven't been posting as much lately because of other commitments and distractions or maybe they don't have anything to say right now.... but I think they are all worthy additions to your list of places to visit.

    So thanks to all of you. As I was telling someone on the phone today, without my blog friends I don't know where I'd be...especially now in this place at this time.

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    "... without my blog friends I don't know where I'd be...especially now in this place at this time."

    Amen to that, brutha.

    6/16/2006 5:13 AM  
    Blogger Scott said...

    Less typing more talking...What happened to the podcast?

    6/16/2006 7:15 AM  
    Blogger Katarina said...

    Jeff, I miss demerging.com and hope that you soon realize that you have a lot to say.

    As Jenny I also use Sage and want an RSS-feed for Josh's blog.

    And I want a new SCP podcast.

    6/17/2006 3:16 AM  
    Blogger Redmaryjane said...

    I'm sorry about demerging. It was one of my favorite blogs.

    Actually, Steve, your blog has also helped me out in my own life. I actually meant to send you an email, but that never happened.

    Keep blogging. Oh, and please please do that new podcast. Even if it's just 10 minutes long, I don't care.

    6/18/2006 7:20 AM  
    Blogger eddie{F} said...

    Oh wow, we made your list Steve - who would have thunk?
    Actually, you are one of the "good" guys, and I nearly pissed my pants about the "keep it short" comment.

    And dear Jenny - have to say - I love you too! ;-)
    (is it OK if I wink? ha!)

    6/19/2006 11:02 AM  
    Blogger Ninjanun said...

    Some special haikus:

    I see SCP's
    They are everywhere I go
    Blogs seem to breed them.


    Oh, Dearest Eddies,
    I'm crushing on you too
    Why no love for me?

    6/19/2006 5:55 PM  
    Blogger Ninjanun said...

    Promises, so sweet
    I want to hear our phone call
    Let the podcast roll!

    6/19/2006 5:57 PM  
    Blogger eddie{F} said...

    haha NinjaNun

    Trust me, if we made our feelings know then Christians would be less impressed with us. We love how you kick evangelical ASS!

    ;-)

    6/20/2006 8:27 PM  
    Blogger Brandon said...

    Thanks Steve!

    When do I get interviewed? ;)

    7/04/2006 9:23 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home