Friday, April 22, 2005

Communicating Grace

Well it is Friday evening and I am wrapping up the talk for this weekend. I had a couple of nice emails this week where people opened up and shared stories of their journey to discover grace in their own lives.

From what they wrote, I guess I am not the only one who doesn't quite have a handle on this grace idea just yet! There seems to be a mystery as to how God can love us so completely and so freely. It is a very difficult idea to comprehend. In our everyday existence and dealing with others we are almost certain that there are no "free lunches". Everything and everyone has a price tag, a catch or an angle to play.

I find myself asking this week, "So what is God's angle here?" I keep reading, looking and expecting the other shoe to drop any moment.

But it hasn't.

Grace is there for the receiving...all we have to do is take it!

Grace is there for the giving...all we have to do is share it!

Receive grace like your life depends on it (because it really does).

Give grace as if others lives depend on it (because it really does).